Thursday, March 1, 2012

Eye Opener


On Monday morning I heard from a close friend that a friend of ours went through a horrible car crash on Sunday late afternoon. I wasn't paying too much attention, and I only understood just how horrible the car crash was, was when I was looking through FB, and this friend (in order to keep her privacy, I will change her name), Tehilla posted on Facebook, in her words exactly: thank god we r all fine. A little put back by this, I looked in the comments, and from what I understood, it was a very serious car crash. Like, serious enough that it's basically (not basically, really) a miracle. Her father and baby brother weren't in the car, but she was, along with her mom, her older brother and her younger siblings. I don't understand exactly what happened, but what did happen was that the car flipped over a couple of times. Her sister was found under the car, not breathing, face down. Tehilla's head split open, leaving a 7cm gash, along with a broken arm. Scratched up and bruised, but maybe a little glowing I saw her last night, at the מסיבת הודיה - a party of thanks. It wasn't really a party though, it was a chance to show everybody how they lived through this horrible experience. It was thanks to God, to thank him for giving a chance to live. 


It was an experience I will probably never forget. It reminded me just how close we really are to death, and sickness. So, I need to be thankful for what I have every day, and I shouldn't need an eye opening experience. I should continue trying to be a better person. I should tell my parents and my siblings and my friends and God how much I love them, how they make my life - my life, a life full of happiness, love, closeness, forgiveness, warmth and so so so much more EVERY day. Because, maybe it can happen to me. Maybe it can happen to someone close to me. Someone I know. Someone I love. Someone I hate.


NOBODY should go through this. Anything. Life is just so unfair sometimes. Me, you, anybody. Life is so precious and life should be cherished.


I'm getting of my podium now. Good night everybody.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Adina. We all need to take a step back often, and appreciate how precious our gifts are. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete