I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't written a thing since 2011 in the blog. I have written a LOT though, by taking notes in class, more taking notes, writing answers on tests and then, if I find the time sometime, I will write freely, either poetry in both languages (only being published when I die...) or just writing about how awesome and suckish teenage life can be in a notebook hidden somewhere in my room (this is NEVER going to be published, and I'll make sure of that).
After my run, which I finished about 20 minutes ago, I decided to write to you guys instead of reading my required-from-school-short-Hebrew-horrible-4th grade level-book. This book is called רוץ, ילד, רוץ and in English, Run, Boy, Run, and it's a Holocaust fiction story from a kid's point of view, and I know this may sound a little harsh, but I feel like it's a disgrace to what happened over 70 years ago. Of course, a lot of things aren't written there because it's a PG rated book, but what bothers me most is that it's FICTION. Why do we need to ADD anything not real to something that should not be joked about, should be taken seriously because of what happened. Aren't there enough personal, horrible stories already coming from people who went through it? I will never understand fully what happened, you guys probably won't either, so shouldn't I understand what I can from someone who has gone through it? Food for thought...
Another thing I'd like to address here is something that is a big issue, maybe more for me, than for you guys but I think that it's a big problem in this planet we call Earth. It's called: STEREOTYPE. Yea, you know that word. Do you hate that word? I do. I know plenty of people that are not what they look to be. I also see plenty of people in the street, hurrying about, and I stereotype them. Is that right? No. Do I do it anyways? Yea, but I've been trying not to. While I was waiting at the bus stop for the bus that takes me home from a shopping center in Beit Shemesh I saw a couple of guys walking down the street, and it looked like they were 17 or 18, and one of them was big. Not big, HUGE. Like big that you don't see often in Israel. And guess what was in his hand. A salty snack. Go figure. So the first thing that went through my head was: when is the 14 going to come??????? (a lot more question marks, and a lot more annoyance). The second thing that went through my head was: oh, he must eat a LOT... along with a very superior feeling, knowing that I was going to go running later and that I didn't have any cake in class that was for my friend's birthday. And the second I thought that, I felt ashamed. Ashamed because I wouldn't want anyone to think that about me.
More with stereotypes. A couple of weeks ago, I found that 2 years ago, in the 8th grade, a couple of girls were caught smoking and were kicked out of the school. After you gasped, and said Oh, my God!, think. Was that the right thing to do, to kick them out? I answer yes, but I feel like, the answer no would've had some validation, because, shouldn't you give them a chance? Kicking them out is just going to put them in an even worse situation, rebelling even more or any other excuse to why they were smoking. Which led me to thinking (I was once told that I think to much), if I showed up in the school with bright pink hair and a nose ring, would they kick me out/tell me to get it off ASAP? WHY? That's my question - WHY? Why should pink hair and a nose ring make ANYONE decide who I am. As I was arguing my point to my friend, Eliana, she did point out that it's 'associated' with things the school, society doesn't want me to associate with. But why is it society's business? I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying that it's wrong to think that about anyone. ANYONE.
Yup. That's what I wanted to write. Good night guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment