Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Chanukah is almost over... WAAAH!

I love Chanukah! Well, I love every holiday for a special reason. Chanukah - lighting the candles, winter, vacation, presents, activities and vacation (yes, I wrote vacation twice). It is now 7:09am, I'm listening to blasting music on my iTouch, checking my email and writing this. I LOVE VACATION!

Last night was the first time I actually felt the winter coldness! I was wearing a long sleeved shirt, a sweater, a long skirt, leggings, socks and boots - and I was still cold!!!! I now declare it is officially winter!!! Now that it's official, we need to remember that WE NEED RAIN! I am asking everybody (if you want), to get a sefer Tehillim (Psalms) and read perek (chapter) 149 for the rain.

The fire is now over, but 41 people  burned to death, not including a 16 year old boy who volunteered with the firefighters, who was killed too. Hundreds of people are hurt and are in hospital, thousands of people evacuated from their homes, 250 acres ruined, forestland now in ruins. Experts say the forest will be back to be like before the fire in 40 years. Please take a minute in memory for the 42 people who died in this tragedy, for the health of all these hurt civilians and firefighters and for the other people who had different job and for the safety of everybody up north. Even though it seems far away from me, but I have friends who have family in Haifa and in that area.

Last night, I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, or as you can say HP7.1. WOW! Very well done, definitely the best of the series!

I wish everybody a Happy Chanukah, and may all news be good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment