Friday, September 24, 2010

Succot vacation

Hi all!

I know that it has been a while since I posted, and I think I owe you some new news... Shabbat is coming in in 2 hours, Mommy, Yosef and Ferri are doing yoga, Sara B., getting in their way and Abba trying to catch her. Earlier this afternoon I finished a book called '102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers' by Jim Dwyer and Kevin Flynn in Hebrew. It is definitely a must-read for anyone who wants to learn about 9.11.2001... It was very sad and depressing, along with some scary moments, but I learned so much from it. I never knew so much about 9.11 and the day after 9.11 this year, I found this book in the school library. It gave me such an influence to appreciate the meaning of life, along with the understanding that someones life can end in one second. Recommended for people who can watch PG13 movies. I, personally couldn't eat for a while after I read chapter 8...

On that happy point, I have some good news! The Ministry of Education of Israel has given a special program to 20 schools in all of Israel, and my school has gotten it! The special program is a commitment for 6 years, 7th grade till graduation where they learn this program that includes Science, Technology and Mathematics. It gives me the ability to do 5 matriculation units (Abba's words - not mine!) on my tests in 11th and 12th grade. 25 girls in 7th grade are picked, which is about a sixth of my grade and I have applied to get in! I would have to stay on Thursday for three periods, as well as some classes in the middle of the week.

Other good news - I GOT MY OWN ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the lucky people here who know around my house, I will tell you that I got the guest room and when a guest come I must share Ferri's and Sara's room...

Have a good Shabbat and may all news be good news!

2 comments:

  1. I would like to point out that while it took a while, you were heard...now the question is whether your room will be neater...I will send spys to check.

    Reading about 9/11 is heavy stuff--
    Don't let it get you down!
    Love, Grandpa Saul

    ReplyDelete