My best friend always said that I get brainwashed a huge amount, and very easily... I guess she is right, but only with things that sound crazy to others. For instance, mommy would always put on 70's music like Ben E. King, The Drifters, Aretha Franklin, Al Green and Taj Mahal, and I got into it. While all of my other friends are listening to junk of the 21st century, I am listening to sweet soul music, thanks to successful brainwasher mommy. So now, I am listening to 'Stand By Me' by Ben E. King on my new iPod touch. Truthfully, 'Stand By Me' has a lot to say in it's meaning. Here are the lyrics:
When the night has come, and the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we will see
No, I won't be afraid, oh, I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
So darlin', darlin' stand by me
Oh stand by me
Oh stand, stand by me, stand by me
If the sky that we look upon should tumble and fall
Or the mountain should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry, no, I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
And darlin', darlin' stand by me
Oh stand by me
Whoa stand now, stand by me, stand by me
And darlin', darlin' stand by me
Oh stand by me
Oh stand now, stand by me, stand by me
If the sky that we look upon should tumble and fall
Or the mountain should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry, no, I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
And darlin', darlin' stand by me
Oh stand by me
Whoa stand now, stand by me, stand by me
So darlin', darlin' stand by me
Oh stand by me
Oh stand now, stand by me, stand by me
Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me
Oh stand by me
Whoa stand now, oh stand, stand by me...
Personally, there are a couple of things that aren't perfect about this song, including that Ben E. King sings 'Stand By Me' and 'Darlin'' to much in this song...
Another successful brainwashing story happened to happen about a year and a half ago. As any other girl my age, we were thinking about things a year and a half in advance. So, anyway, a girl who was in 7th grade in Chorev high school, happened to be my friend, and of course I was thinking about which school to go to and how my Bat-Mitzvah was going to look like. Getting onto the point, I was asking her all these questions about Chorev. I admit, I did, I did get brainwashed, but this looked wacky a year and half ago, and now, looks normal. I decided like 12 months ago that I was going to go to Chorev if I got in and if my best-friend would. I know she was just making me nervous about telling me that she is probably not going as a joke, but, I gotta admit, my best-friend shares a lot of unnecessary details to get me scared.
So this post is about different arts, and I have moved onto the subject of 'The Art of Cookery'. A couple of weeks ago, my best-friend and I decided that we would make each other meals. I decided, to bring her to 'Italia en Israele'. When she came, I had a sign put up saying 'Benvenuto en Italia', and as well as jabbering in an Italian accent. We started out with Granita (A failed lemon sorbet), along with minestrone. Afterward, I brought out the Panzanella salad (the great Gramps' idea) which as out of this world or jupiter's world, and as a main dish, Fettuccine Alfredo (along with the great Ruth's advice), the REAL kind, WITHOUT flour. We ended dessert with Italian ice cream, some similar to biscotti and grapes. Of course, there was tons left and my family devoured it. Abba said, whom I take his opinion very seriously (sometimes), that this was good enough to serve Gramps. You understand????????? I HAVE PAST THE TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last night I made Panzanella salad again (which was out of this world, along with Jupiter and Mars) and spaghetti with pesto. Again, sooooooooooooooooo good! Anyone who is interested in any of the recipes, email me!
I would write more but I promised Ferri I was going to make with her chocolate chip cookies, so adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment