Monday, June 1, 2009

Story I wrote for english.

This is the beginning of the story, and if your intrested I could send you a link for the rest:
Caught up in Secrets by Adina Hershberg
----------------------------------------

"Now girls, bring your assignments up to my desk" said Mrs. Levine. Mrs. Levine is my english Teacher in 6th grade. She loves surprising my class. It can be really annoying. Correction. It is really annoying. "Now girls, when your done giving the assignments to me you can go back to your reading.
I sighed, OK. Enough about Mrs. Levine, more about me. I am Gavriella Rosenberg, everyone calls me Gab. I live in Beit-Shemesh in Rechov Hatzipor 14. I am eleven years old desperately wanting to be twelve, and I also really want a baby sister. I have three little brothers and no sisters. The second to oldest (if you can't tell yet, I am the oldest kid in my family) is Tzvi who is 8 years old. He is spoiled (well, that is what I think) and is really into jokes and planes. My other brothers are twins - Eitan and Noam - that are 6 and in 1st grade. I sort of go to admit that they are cute. EVERYONE thinks thy are adorable. Don't get me wrong - I still love my siblings, but in a way of brothers and sisters. But I guess you know what I mean.
I am born to dance, sing and act, but not school. School, I guess, is OK. I don't read fast by myself and I don't like the quiet in it. I do like Torah, Navi, and math. Correction. I love math the subject, but not the teacher and the class. The teacher can not
2
control the class and the class is just to easy! Sigh, I got to get back to my reading...
I am reading a book called The Report Card by Andrew Clements. I usually don't judge books I read, but I have to say that it is a really good book.
"Now girls, your homework is question 32-40 in the papers I gave you". I sighed for the second time. I opened my yoman and wrote the homework in the bottom of the page - not because I wanted to but because it was full of homework I need to do today. I heard the bell - BRRRRRINNG "Now girls" Mrs.Levine said. "you can leave." Have you realised that she always says 'now girls'?
"So, what a class!" That was Dvora. Here is a fact: she is my best friend. Here is another fact: she has 4 brothers and 3 sisters, and her mother is expecting! Dvora is extremely smart. Sometimes, its hard to have a friend that LOVES reading. It makes me feel dumb, but she is trying to convince me that if I tried a little bit more than I do now about books, I would also love reading. But believe me, I've tried many times.
"What day is it today?" I asked to no one in particular. "Monday, January 25, 2009" - Dvora answered. How in the world does she know these stuff?
My birthday is on March 15, which is when I going to turn into Bat-Mitzvah. I am learning the Chameshet Megillot with my Dad. "Dad and I are printing the invitations after I get home from school" I told Dvora. "Then I have Jazz and Hip-hop for two hours" I continued. "Also," I added, "It's pizza night!" As I was saying that we got on to our bus. Dvora took her MP3 out of her backpack, and gave me an earphone. She put on "Lecha" from Chevra, and we both sang quietly - "Lecha, Hashem hagdula, hashem hagdula vehagevura - " "You know Gab" Dvora said "you really DO have a beautiful voice." I said thanks and blushed...
When it was our stop, we got off the bus. "Goo' bye" I called. "Bye!!" Dvora yelled.
I got home, said hi to my siblings and Mom. I asked Mom, "Where is Dad?".
"Dad is at work in the end, honey" Mom answered. In case you don't know, my father works in computers, and my mother teaches twice a week at a Seminar for ba'ali tushva because she likes it there. "Oh..." I said disappointingly. "I guess I will do my homework now..." - In my family have a rule that you can not do anything fun such as going to friends to play with them or going to chugim.
I clutched my bag and took both of us to the kitchen table. I took out my yoman and sighed. I started working. When I was in the middle of figuring out a hard math problem, Tzvi ran into the kitchen, with a paper airplane and held it in a way that looked like it was flying.
"Ready for landing!" he said in a weird voice, and decided that the plane should land on my math book. My Grandmother is a pacifist, and she told me that whenever you ask nicely, you will get the way you want. I looked up from my notebook and said: "Tzvi - will you please move the airplane? - " I thought for a second and added "Isn't it a beautiful day outside? Right? So the plane should be outside like a real airplane." He was thinking - I could tell whenever he thinks because he scrunches up his forehead and looks very weird like that. He would never admit that someone else is right. After a small silence Tzvi said - "OK pilot, ready for take off!"
I kept on working, and finally at 5:30 I finished my homework. As I was closing my English notebook, Dad came walking in. "I'm home!" he called extra loud. "No you're not, you're Dad!" Noam called back (By the way - Noam loves jokes). I could tell that Dad did it on purpose, because he loves Noam's jokes.

OK. Did you like this? Please let me know! Send me an e-mail because I need to send it to you for Google Reader reasons.

3 comments:

  1. A new great author is born - your book /story is wonderful! I'd love to see more.
    Love & peace,
    Grandma Bette
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to read the rest of the story.
    Grandpa Saul

    ReplyDelete